Santamedical Deluxe has recently been ranked at #2 in the 2019 Wiki of the best blood pressure cuff and stethoscope kits
Keeping a tab on your blood pressure is very essential if you suffer from high or low BP. But measuring your BP once in a while is not ok. As you all know, it is only beneficial if you keep a journal of your blood pressure, measured over a period of time. This helps your doctor to prescribe the correct treatment and it also gives you the control of your own health. To do this you need to have a blood pressure monitor at your home.
Types of blood pressure monitors.
There are basically 2 types of blood pressure monitors. Digital blood pressure monitors that inflate on a push of a button and the other Aneroid/Manual blood pressure monitors also called as Sphygmomanometer (comes with a stethoscope). Both of these serve the same purpose and are very accurate. Some prefer the Manual work of inflating the cuff and then measuring the BP others just need the fast and no hassle digital monitor.
Which should you choose?
According to some doctors the Aneroid Sphygmomanometer provides a greater accuracy in reading than the Digital counterpart. But at the same time it is prone to human error in readings whereas digital one is not. Thus in most cases it depends on the user on how they use it.
Different people prefer different things, students and medical professionals prefer Aneroid one to learn to use one whereas Personal users prefer to go digital.
The Digital Blood pressure Monitors by Gurin Products is professional grade and comes with a lot of features which cannot obviously be there in an Aneroid BP monitor. Some of these advantages are:
- Compact, Portable and easy to use.
- Automatic inflation (no adjustment required) helps you reduce the reading time. The elderly will find it easier to operate with no manual work.
- Classifies each blood pressure reading according to World Health Organization hypertension guidelines. Hence enabling you to better understand your health.
- Extremely useful for people with the condition of fluctuating blood pressure (arrhythmia).
- Large and clear display, again an advantage for people with decreased eyesight.
- Some models monitor and store up to 180 readings ( 90 x 2 users) with date and time and memory recall.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- Includes 2 AAA batteries for instant operability.
- Comes with carrying case and user manual.
You can purchase both Aneroid and Digital BP monitors and other Medical devices from SantaMedical.com. In my next blog I will be talking about how to correctly use the Sphygmomanometer in order to get the correct reading. Reach to our Blog for this.