Every TENS pad user knows the hassle when the TENS unit pads lose their stickiness. If you don’t have premium quality TENS pads like SantaMedical and others then your problems might start even before they relax your muscles. But whatever is the quality the adhesive is doomed to go into oblivion. But a few things could be done in order to bring back the stickiness. It is a lot easier though to just try to prolong their life.
The methods that you can use to increase the stickiness of the gel are:
- Wipe with a Damp cloth: The first reason for loss in stickiness is accumulation of dust and oil from your skin on the pads. Wiping with a dry damp cloth will remove it.
- Use an Electrode gel: Spray the electrode gel on the pads and rub the pads together to regain its stickiness. you can easily find these gels on Amazon.
- Get new pads: New pads should be used after few months depending upon the usage. Remember to buy pads with Premium Gels as they stick for longer like SantaMedical Electrode pads.
Apart from these some home remedies can be done in order to expand the life of your pad’s adhesive.
- Take a small paint brush and apply clean water from it on the pads. allow it to dry and the Electrode unit pads might retain some stickiness. If you mistakenly applied too much then keep it in a cool place.
- Always store them in the holder provided by the Manufacturer. A trick is to keep them in a sealed bag in order to maintain their stickiness.
- You can also use a hand sanitizer instead of water to increase the stickiness of the pads.
Always remember that a Premium and good quality Electrode pads will last longer. For maximum benefit the pads should be replaced after every few months as the electrodes lose their conductivity which will hamper the transfer of current to the body.